A thesis or dissertation, as some people would like to call it, is an integral part of the Radiology curriculum, be it MD, DNB, or DMRD. We have tried to aggregate radiology thesis topics from various sources for reference.
Not everyone is interested in research, and writing a Radiology thesis can be daunting. But there is no escape from preparing, so it is better that you accept this bitter truth and start working on it instead of cribbing about it (like other things in life. #PhilosophyGyan!)
Start working on your thesis as early as possible and finish your thesis well before your exams, so you do not have that stress at the back of your mind. Also, your thesis may need multiple revisions, so be prepared and allocate time accordingly.
Tips for Choosing Radiology Thesis and Research Topics
Keep it simple silly (KISS)
Retrospective > Prospective
Retrospective studies are better than prospective ones, as you already have the data you need when choosing to do a retrospective study. Prospective studies are better quality, but as a resident, you may not have time (, energy and enthusiasm) to complete these.
Choose a simple topic that answers a single/few questions
Original research is challenging, especially if you do not have prior experience. I would suggest you choose a topic that answers a single or few questions. Most topics that I have listed are along those lines. Alternatively, you can choose a broad topic such as “Role of MRI in evaluation of perianal fistulas.”
You can choose a novel topic if you are genuinely interested in research AND have a good mentor who will guide you. Once you have done that, make sure that you publish your study once you are done with it.
Get it done ASAP.
In most cases, it makes sense to stick to a thesis topic that will not take much time. That does not mean you should ignore your thesis and ‘Ctrl C + Ctrl V’ from a friend from another university. Thesis writing is your first step toward research methodology so do it as sincerely as possible. Do not procrastinate in preparing the thesis. As soon as you have been allotted a guide, start researching topics and writing a review of the literature.
At the same time, do not invest a lot of time in writing/collecting data for your thesis. You should not be busy finishing your thesis a few months before the exam. Some people could not appear for the exam because they could not submit their thesis in time. So DO NOT TAKE thesis lightly.
Do NOT Copy-Paste
Reiterating once again, do not simply choose someone else’s thesis topic. Find out what are kind of cases that your Hospital caters to. It is better to do a good thesis on a common topic than a crappy one on a rare one.
Books to help you write a Radiology Thesis
Event country/university has a different format for thesis; hence these book recommendations may not work for everyone.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Gupta, Piyush (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 206 Pages - 10/12/2020 (Publication Date) - Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. (Publisher)
In A Hurry? Download a PDF list of Radiology Research Topics!
Sign up below to get this PDF directly to your email address.
100% Privacy Guaranteed. Your information will not be shared. Unsubscribe anytime with a single click.
List of Radiology Research /Thesis / Dissertation Topics
- State of the art of MRI in the diagnosis of hepatic focal lesions
- Multimodality imaging evaluation of sacroiliitis in newly diagnosed patients of spondyloarthropathy
- Multidetector computed tomography in oesophageal varices
- Role of positron emission tomography with computed tomography in the diagnosis of cancer Thyroid
- Evaluation of focal breast lesions using ultrasound elastography
- Role of MRI diffusion tensor imaging in the assessment of traumatic spinal cord injuries
- Sonographic imaging in male infertility
- Comparison of color Doppler and digital subtraction angiography in occlusive arterial disease in patients with lower limb ischemia
- The role of CT urography in Haematuria
- Role of functional magnetic resonance imaging in making brain tumor surgery safer
- Prediction of pre-eclampsia and fetal growth restriction by uterine artery Doppler
- Role of grayscale and color Doppler ultrasonography in the evaluation of neonatal cholestasis
- Validity of MRI in the diagnosis of congenital anorectal anomalies
- Role of sonography in assessment of clubfoot
- Role of diffusion MRI in preoperative evaluation of brain neoplasms
- Imaging of upper airways for pre-anaesthetic evaluation purposes and for laryngeal afflictions.
- A study of multivessel (arterial and venous) Doppler velocimetry in intrauterine growth restriction
- Multiparametric 3tesla MRI of suspected prostatic malignancy.
- Role of Sonography in Characterization of Thyroid Nodules for differentiating benign from
- Role of advances magnetic resonance imaging sequences in multiple sclerosis
- Role of multidetector computed tomography in evaluation of jaw lesions
- Role of Ultrasound and MR Imaging in the Evaluation of Musculotendinous Pathologies of Shoulder Joint
- Role of perfusion computed tomography in the evaluation of cerebral blood flow, blood volume and vascular permeability of cerebral neoplasms
- MRI flow quantification in the assessment of the commonest csf flow abnormalities
- Role of diffusion-weighted MRI in evaluation of prostate lesions and its histopathological correlation
- CT enterography in evaluation of small bowel disorders
- Comparison of perfusion magnetic resonance imaging (PMRI), magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) in and positron emission tomography-computed tomography (PET/CT) in post radiotherapy treated gliomas to detect recurrence
- Role of multidetector computed tomography in evaluation of paediatric retroperitoneal masses
- Role of Multidetector computed tomography in neck lesions
- Estimation of standard liver volume in Indian population
- Role of MRI in evaluation of spinal trauma
- Role of modified sonohysterography in female factor infertility: a pilot study.
- The role of pet-CT in the evaluation of hepatic tumors
- Role of 3D magnetic resonance imaging tractography in assessment of white matter tracts compromise in supratentorial tumors
- Role of dual phase multidetector computed tomography in gallbladder lesions
- Role of multidetector computed tomography in assessing anatomical variants of nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses in patients of chronic rhinosinusitis.
- magnetic resonance spectroscopy in multiple sclerosis
- Evaluation of thyroid nodules by ultrasound elastography using acoustic radiation force impulse (ARFI) imaging
- Role of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Intractable Epilepsy
- Evaluation of suspected and known coronary artery disease by 128 slice multidetector CT.
- Role of regional diffusion tensor imaging in the evaluation of intracranial gliomas and its histopathological correlation
- Role of chest sonography in diagnosing pneumothorax
- Role of CT virtual cystoscopy in diagnosis of urinary bladder neoplasia
- Role of MRI in assessment of valvular heart diseases
- High resolution computed tomography of temporal bone in unsafe chronic suppurative otitis media
- Multidetector CT urography in the evaluation of hematuria
- Contrast-induced nephropathy in diagnostic imaging investigations with intravenous iodinated contrast media
- Comparison of dynamic susceptibility contrast-enhanced perfusion magnetic resonance imaging and single photon emission computed tomography in patients with little’s disease
- Role of Multidetector Computed Tomography in Bowel Lesions.
- Role of diagnostic imaging modalities in evaluation of post liver transplantation recipient complications.
- Role of multislice CT scan and barium swallow in the estimation of oesophageal tumour length
- Malignant Lesions-A Prospective Study.
- Value of ultrasonography in assessment of acute abdominal diseases in pediatric age group
- Role of three dimensional multidetector CT hysterosalpingography in female factor infertility
- Comparative evaluation of multi-detector computed tomography (MDCT) virtual tracheo-bronchoscopy and fiberoptic tracheo-bronchoscopy in airway diseases
- Role of Multidetector CT in the evaluation of small bowel obstruction
- Sonographic evaluation in adhesive capsulitis of shoulder
- Utility of MR Urography Versus Conventional Techniques in Obstructive Uropathy
- MRI of the postoperative knee
- Role of 64 slice-multi detector computed tomography in diagnosis of bowel and mesenteric injury in blunt abdominal trauma.
- Sonoelastography and triphasic computed tomography in the evaluation of focal liver lesions
- Evaluation of Role of Transperineal Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Urinary Stress incontinence in Women
- Multidetector computed tomographic features of abdominal hernias
- Evaluation of lesions of major salivary glands using ultrasound elastography
- Transvaginal ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging in female urinary incontinence
- MDCT colonography and double-contrast barium enema in evaluation of colonic lesions
- Role of MRI in diagnosis and staging of urinary bladder carcinoma
- Spectrum of imaging findings in children with febrile neutropenia.
- Spectrum of radiographic appearances in children with chest tuberculosis.
- Role of computerized tomography in evaluation of mediastinal masses in pediatric
- Diagnosing renal artery stenosis: Comparison of multimodality imaging in diabetic patients
- Role of multidetector CT virtual hysteroscopy in the detection of the uterine & tubal causes of female infertility
- Role of multislice computed tomography in evaluation of crohn’s disease
- CT quantification of parenchymal and airway parameters on 64 slice MDCT in patients of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Comparative evaluation of MDCT and 3t MRI in radiographically detected jaw lesions.
- Evaluation of diagnostic accuracy of ultrasonography, colour Doppler sonography and low dose computed tomography in acute appendicitis
- Ultrasonography , magnetic resonance cholangio-pancreatography (MRCP) in assessment of pediatric biliary lesions
- Multidetector computed tomography in hepatobiliary lesions.
- Evaluation of peripheral nerve lesions with high resolution ultrasonography and colour Doppler
- Multidetector computed tomography in pancreatic lesions
- Multidetector Computed Tomography in Paediatric abdominal masses.
- Evaluation of focal liver lesions by colour Doppler and MDCT perfusion imaging
- Sonographic evaluation of clubfoot correction during Ponseti treatment
- Role of multidetector CT in characterization of renal masses
- Study to assess the role of Doppler ultrasound in evaluation of arteriovenous (av) hemodialysis fistula and the complications of hemodialysis vasular access
- Comparative study of multiphasic contrast-enhanced CT and contrast-enhanced MRI in the evaluation of hepatic mass lesions
- Sonographic spectrum of rheumatoid arthritis
- Diagnosis & staging of liver fibrosis by ultrasound elastography in patients with chronic liver diseases
- Role of multidetector computed tomography in assessment of jaw lesions.
- Role of high-resolution ultrasonography in the differentiation of benign and malignant thyroid lesions
- Radiological evaluation of aortic aneurysms in patients selected for endovascular repair
- Role of conventional MRI, and diffusion tensor imaging tractography in evaluation of congenital brain malformations
- To evaluate the status of coronary arteries in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation using 256 multirow detector CT scan
- A comparative study of ultrasonography and CT – arthrography in diagnosis of chronic ligamentous and meniscal injuries of knee
- Multi detector computed tomography evaluation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and correlation with severity of disease
- Diffusion weighted and dynamic contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging in chemoradiotherapeutic response evaluation in cervical cancer.
- High resolution sonography in the evaluation of non-traumatic painful wrist
- The role of trans-vaginal ultrasound versus magnetic resonance imaging in diagnosis & evaluation of cancer cervix
- Role of multidetector row computed tomography in assessment of maxillofacial trauma
- Imaging of vascular complication after liver transplantation.
- Role of magnetic resonance perfusion weighted imaging & spectroscopy for grading of glioma by correlating perfusion parameter of the lesion with the final histopathological grade
- Magnetic resonance evaluation of abdominal tuberculosis.
- Diagnostic usefulness of low dose spiral HRCT in diffuse lung diseases
- Role of dynamic contrast enhanced and diffusion weighted magnetic resonance imaging in evaluation of endometrial lesions
- Contrast enhanced digital mammography anddigital breast tomosynthesis in early diagnosis of breast lesion
- Evaluation of Portal Hypertension with Colour Doppler flow imaging and magnetic resonance imaging
- Evaluation of musculoskeletal lesions by magnetic resonance imaging
- Role of diffusion magnetic resonance imaging in assessment of neoplastic and inflammatory brain lesions
- Radiological spectrum of chest diseases in HIV infected children High resolution ultrasonography in neck masses in children
- with surgical findings
- Role of MRI in evaluation of spinal trauma
- Sonographic evaluation of peripheral nerves in type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Role of perfusion computed tomography in the evaluation of neck masses and correlation
- Role of ultrasonography in the diagnosis of knee joint lesions
- Role of ultrasonography in evaluation of various causes of pelvic pain in first trimester of pregnancy.
- Role of Magnetic Resonance Angiography in the Evaluation of Diseases of Aorta and its Branches
- MDCT fistulography in evaluation of fistula in Ano
- Role of multislice CT in diagnosis of small intestine tumors
- Role of high resolution CT in differentiation between benign and malignant pulmonary nodules in children
- A study of multidetector computed tomography urography in urinary tract abnormalities
- Role of high resolution sonography in assessment of ulnar nerve in patients with leprosy.
- Pre-operative radiological evaluation of locally aggressive and malignant musculoskeletal tumours by computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging.
- The role of ultrasound & MRI in acute pelvic inflammatory disease
- Ultrasonography compared to computed tomographic arthrography in the evaluation of shoulder pain
- Role of Multidetector Computed Tomography in patients with blunt abdominal trauma.
- The Role of Extended field-of-view Sonography and compound imaging in Evaluation of Breast Lesions
- Evaluation of focal pancreatic lesions by Multidetector CT and perfusion CT
- Evaluation of breast masses on sono-mammography and colour Doppler imaging
- Role of CT virtual laryngoscopy in evaluation of laryngeal masses
- Triple phase multi detector computed tomography in hepatic masses
- Role of transvaginal ultrasound in diagnosis and treatment of female infertility
- Role of ultrasound and color Doppler imaging in assessment of acute abdomen due to female genetal causes
- High resolution ultrasonography and color Doppler ultrasonography in scrotal lesion
- Evaluation of diagnostic accuracy of ultrasonography with colour Doppler vs low dose computed tomography in salivary gland disease
- Role of multidetector CT in diagnosis of salivary gland lesions
- Comparison of diagnostic efficacy of ultrasonography and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in obstructive jaundice: A prospective study
- Evaluation of varicose veins-comparative assessment of low dose CT venogram with sonography: pilot study
- Role of mammotome in breast lesions
- The role of interventional imaging procedures in the treatment of selected gynecological disorders
- Role of transcranial ultrasound in diagnosis of neonatal brain insults
- Role of multidetector CT virtual laryngoscopy in evaluation of laryngeal mass lesions
- Evaluation of adnexal masses on sonomorphology and color Doppler imaginig
- Role of radiological imaging in diagnosis of endometrial carcinoma
- Comprehensive imaging of renal masses by magnetic resonance imaging
- The role of 3D & 4D ultrasonography in abnormalities of fetal abdomen
- Diffusion weighted magnetic resonance imaging in diagnosis and characterization of brain tumors in correlation with conventional MRI
- Role of diffusion weighted MRI imaging in evaluation of cancer prostate
- Role of multidetector CT in diagnosis of urinary bladder cancer
- Role of multidetector computed tomography in the evaluation of paediatric retroperitoneal masses.
- Comparative evaluation of gastric lesions by double contrast barium upper G.I. and multi detector computed tomography
- Evaluation of hepatic fibrosis in chronic liver disease using ultrasound elastography
- Role of MRI in assessment of hydrocephalus in pediatric patients
- The role of sonoelastography in characterization of breast lesions
- The influence of volumetric tumor doubling time on survival of patients with intracranial tumours
- Role of perfusion computed tomography in characterization of colonic lesions
- Role of proton MRI spectroscopy in the evaluation of temporal lobe epilepsy
- Role of Doppler ultrasound and multidetector CT angiography in evaluation of peripheral arterial diseases.
- Role of multidetector computed tomography in paranasal sinus pathologies
- Role of virtual endoscopy using MDCT in detection & evaluation of gastric pathologies
- High resolution 3 Tesla MRI in the evaluation of ankle and hindfoot pain.
- Transperineal ultrasonography in infants with anorectal malformation
- CT portography using MDCT versus color Doppler in detection of varices in cirrhotic patients
- Role of CT urography in the evaluation of a dilated ureter
- Characterization of pulmonary nodules by dynamic contrast-enhanced multidetector CT
- Comprehensive imaging of acute ischemic stroke on multidetector CT
- The role of fetal MRI in the diagnosis of intrauterine neurological congenital anomalies
- Role of Multidetector computed tomography in pediatric chest masses
- Multimodality imaging in the evaluation of palpable & non-palpable breast lesion.
- Sonographic Assessment Of Fetal Nasal Bone Length At 11-28 Gestational Weeks And Its Correlation With Fetal Outcome.
- Role Of Sonoelastography And Contrast-Enhanced Computed Tomography In Evaluation Of Lymph Node Metastasis In Head And Neck Cancers
- Role Of Renal Doppler And Shear Wave Elastography In Diabetic Nephropathy
- Evaluation Of Relationship Between Various Grades Of Fatty Liver And Shear Wave Elastography Values
- Evaluation and characterization of pelvic masses of gynecological origin by USG, color Doppler and MRI in females of reproductive age group
- Radiological evaluation of small bowel diseases using computed tomographic enterography
- Role of coronary CT angiography in patients of coronary artery disease
- Role of multimodality imaging in the evaluation of pediatric neck masses
- Role of CT in the evaluation of craniocerebral trauma
- Role of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in the evaluation of spinal dysraphism
- Comparative evaluation of triple phase CT and dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI in patients with liver cirrhosis
- Evaluation of the relationship between carotid intima-media thickness and coronary artery disease in patients evaluated by coronary angiography for suspected CAD
- Assessment of hepatic fat content in fatty liver disease by unenhanced computed tomography
- Correlation of vertebral marrow fat on spectroscopy and diffusion-weighted MRI imaging with bone mineral density in postmenopausal women.
- Comparative evaluation of CT coronary angiography with conventional catheter coronary angiography
- Ultrasound evaluation of kidney length & descending colon diameter in normal and intrauterine growth-restricted fetuses
- A prospective study of hepatic vein waveform and splenoportal index in liver cirrhosis: correlation with child Pugh’s classification and presence of esophageal varices.
- CT angiography to evaluate coronary artery by-pass graft patency in symptomatic patient’s functional assessment of myocardium by cardiac MRI in patients with myocardial infarction
- MRI evaluation of HIV positive patients with central nervous system manifestations
- MDCT evaluation of mediastinal and hilar masses
- Evaluation of rotator cuff & labro-ligamentous complex lesions by MRI & MRI arthrography of shoulder joint
- Role of imaging in the evaluation of soft tissue vascular malformation
- Role of MRI and ultrasonography in the evaluation of multifidus muscle pathology in chronic low back pain patients
- Role of ultrasound elastography in the differential diagnosis of breast lesions
- Role of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in evaluating dilated common bile duct in patients with symptomatic gallstone disease.
- Comparative study of CT urography & hybrid CT urography in patients with haematuria.
- Role of MRI in the evaluation of anorectal malformations
- Comparison of ultrasound-Doppler and magnetic resonance imaging findings in rheumatoid arthritis of hand and wrist
- Role of Doppler sonography in the evaluation of renal artery stenosis in hypertensive patients undergoing coronary angiography for coronary artery disease.
- Comparison of radiography, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in the detection of sacroiliitis in ankylosing spondylitis.
- Mr evaluation of painful hip
- Role of MRI imaging in pretherapeutic assessment of oral and oropharyngeal malignancy
- Evaluation of diffuse lung diseases by high resolution computed tomography of the chest
- Mr evaluation of brain parenchyma in patients with craniosynostosis.
- Diagnostic and prognostic value of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging in dilated cardiomyopathy
- Role of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging in the detection of early carcinoma prostate
- Role of magnetic resonance imaging in white matter diseases
- Role of sonoelastography in assessing the response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced breast cancer.
- Role of ultrasonography in the evaluation of carotid and femoral intima-media thickness in predialysis patients with chronic kidney disease
- Role of H1 MRI spectroscopy in focal bone lesions of peripheral skeleton choline detection by MRI spectroscopy in breast cancer and its correlation with biomarkers and histological grade.
- Ultrasound and MRI evaluation of axillary lymph node status in breast cancer.
- Role of sonography and magnetic resonance imaging in evaluating chronic lateral epicondylitis.
- Comparative of sonography including Doppler and sonoelastography in cervical lymphadenopathy.
- Evaluation of Umbilical Coiling Index as Predictor of Pregnancy Outcome.
- Computerized Tomographic Evaluation of Azygoesophageal Recess in Adults.
- Lumbar Facet Arthropathy in Low Backache.
- “Urethral Injuries After Pelvic Trauma: Evaluation with Uretrography
- Role Of Ct In Diagnosis Of Inflammatory Renal Diseases
- Role Of Ct Virtual Laryngoscopy In Evaluation Of Laryngeal Masses
- “Ct Portography Using Mdct Versus Color Doppler In Detection Of Varices In
- Cirrhotic Patients”
- Role Of Multidetector Ct In Characterization Of Renal Masses
- Role Of Ct Virtual Cystoscopy In Diagnosis Of Urinary Bladder Neoplasia
- Role Of Multislice Ct In Diagnosis Of Small Intestine Tumors
- “Mri Flow Quantification In The Assessment Of The Commonest CSF Flow Abnormalities”
- “The Role Of Fetal Mri In Diagnosis Of Intrauterine Neurological CongenitalAnomalies”
- Role Of Transcranial Ultrasound In Diagnosis Of Neonatal Brain Insults
- “The Role Of Interventional Imaging Procedures In The Treatment Of Selected Gynecological Disorders”
- Role Of Radiological Imaging In Diagnosis Of Endometrial Carcinoma
- “Role Of High-Resolution Ct In Differentiation Between Benign And Malignant Pulmonary Nodules In Children”
- Role Of Ultrasonography In The Diagnosis Of Knee Joint Lesions
- “Role Of Diagnostic Imaging Modalities In Evaluation Of Post Liver Transplantation Recipient Complications”
- “Diffusion-Weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging In Diagnosis And
- Characterization Of Brain Tumors In Correlation With Conventional Mri”
- The Role Of PET-CT In The Evaluation Of Hepatic Tumors
- “Role Of Computerized Tomography In Evaluation Of Mediastinal Masses In Pediatric patients”
- “Trans Vaginal Ultrasound And Magnetic Resonance Imaging In Female Urinary Incontinence”
- Role Of Multidetector Ct In Diagnosis Of Urinary Bladder Cancer
- “Role Of Transvaginal Ultrasound In Diagnosis And Treatment Of Female Infertility”
- Role Of Diffusion-Weighted Mri Imaging In Evaluation Of Cancer Prostate
- “Role Of Positron Emission Tomography With Computed Tomography In Diagnosis Of Cancer Thyroid”
- The Role Of CT Urography In Case Of Haematuria
- “Value Of Ultrasonography In Assessment Of Acute Abdominal Diseases In Pediatric Age Group”
- “Role Of Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging In Making Brain Tumor Surgery Safer”
- The Role Of Sonoelastography In Characterization Of Breast Lesions
- “Ultrasonography, Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) In Assessment Of Pediatric Biliary Lesions”
- “Role Of Ultrasound And Color Doppler Imaging In Assessment Of Acute Abdomen Due To Female Genital Causes”
- “Role Of Multidetector Ct Virtual Laryngoscopy In Evaluation Of Laryngeal Mass Lesions”
- MRI Of The Postoperative Knee
- Role Of Mri In Assessment Of Valvular Heart Diseases
- The Role Of 3D & 4D Ultrasonography In Abnormalities Of Fetal Abdomen
- State Of The Art Of Mri In Diagnosis Of Hepatic Focal Lesions
- Role Of Multidetector Ct In Diagnosis Of Salivary Gland Lesions
- “Role Of Virtual Endoscopy Using Mdct In Detection & Evaluation Of Gastric Pathologies”
- The Role Of Ultrasound & Mri In Acute Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- “Diagnosis & Staging Of Liver Fibrosis By Ultraso Und Elastography In
- Patients With Chronic Liver Diseases”
- Role Of Mri In Evaluation Of Spinal Trauma
- Validity Of Mri In Diagnosis Of Congenital Anorectal Anomalies
- Imaging Of Vascular Complication After Liver Transplantation
- “Contrast-Enhanced Digital Mammography And Digital Breast Tomosynthesis In Early Diagnosis Of Breast Lesion”
- Role Of Mammotome In Breast Lesions
- “Role Of MRI Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) In Assessment Of Traumatic Spinal Cord Injuries”
- “Prediction Of Pre-eclampsia And Fetal Growth Restriction By Uterine Artery Doppler”
- “Role Of Multidetector Row Computed Tomography In Assessment Of Maxillofacial Trauma”
- “Role Of Diffusion Magnetic Resonance Imaging In Assessment Of Neoplastic And Inflammatory Brain Lesions”
- Role Of Diffusion Mri In Preoperative Evaluation Of Brain Neoplasms
- “Role Of Multidetector Ct Virtual Hysteroscopy In The Detection Of The
- Uterine & Tubal Causes Of Female Infertility”
- Role Of Advances Magnetic Resonance Imaging Sequences In Multiple Sclerosis Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy In Multiple Sclerosis
- “Role Of Conventional Mri, And Diffusion Tensor Imaging Tractography In Evaluation Of Congenital Brain Malformations”
- Role Of MRI In Evaluation Of Spinal Trauma
- Diagnostic Role Of Diffusion-weighted MR Imaging In Neck Masses
- “The Role Of Transvaginal Ultrasound Versus Magnetic Resonance Imaging In Diagnosis & Evaluation Of Cancer Cervix”
- “Role Of 3d Magnetic Resonance Imaging Tractography In Assessment Of White Matter Tracts Compromise In Supra Tentorial Tumors”
- Role Of Proton MR Spectroscopy In The Evaluation Of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- Role Of Multislice Computed Tomography In Evaluation Of Crohn’s Disease
- Role Of MRI In Assessment Of Hydrocephalus In Pediatric Patients
- The Role Of MRI In Diagnosis And Staging Of Urinary Bladder Carcinoma
- USG and MRI correlation of congenital CNS anomalies
- HRCT in interstitial lung disease
- X-Ray, CT and MRI correlation of bone tumors
- “Study on the diagnostic and prognostic utility of X-Rays for cases of pulmonary tuberculosis under RNTCP”
- “Role of magnetic resonance imaging in the characterization of female adnexal pathology”
- “CT angiography of carotid atherosclerosis and NECT brain in cerebral ischemia, a correlative analysis”
- Role of CT scan in the evaluation of paranasal sinus pathology
- USG and MRI correlation on shoulder joint pathology
- “Radiological evaluation of a patient presenting with extrapulmonary tuberculosis”
- CT and MRI correlation in focal liver lesions”
- Comparison of MDCT virtual cystoscopy with conventional cystoscopy in bladder tumors”
- “Bleeding vessels in life-threatening hemoptysis: Comparison of 64 detector row CT angiography with conventional angiography prior to endovascular management”
- “Role of transarterial chemoembolization in unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma”
- “Comparison of color flow duplex study with digital subtraction angiography in the evaluation of peripheral vascular disease”
- “A Study to assess the efficacy of magnetization transfer ratio in differentiating tuberculoma from neurocysticercosis”
- “MR evaluation of uterine mass lesions in correlation with transabdominal, transvaginal ultrasound using HPE as a gold standard”
- “The Role of power Doppler imaging with trans rectal ultrasonogram guided prostate biopsy in the detection of prostate cancer”
- “Lower limb arteries assessed with doppler angiography – A prospective comparative study with multidetector CT angiography”
- “Comparison of sildenafil with papaverine in penile doppler by assessing hemodynamic changes”
- “Evaluation of efficacy of sonosalphingogram for assessing tubal patency in infertile patients with hysterosalpingogram as the gold standard”
- Role of CT enteroclysis in the evaluation of small bowel diseases
- “MRI colonography versus conventional colonoscopy in the detection of colonic polyposis”
- “Magnetic Resonance Imaging of anteroposterior diameter of the midbrain – differentiation of progressive supranuclear palsy from Parkinson disease”
- “MRI Evaluation of anterior cruciate ligament tears with arthroscopic correlation”
- “The Clinicoradiological profile of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis with prognostic evaluation using MR sequences”
- “Role of MRI in the evaluation of pelvic floor integrity in stress incontinent patients” “Doppler ultrasound evaluation of hepatic venous waveform in portal hypertension before and after propranolol”
- “Role of transrectal sonography with colour doppler and MRI in evaluation of prostatic lesions with TRUS guided biopsy correlation”
- “Ultrasonographic evaluation of painful shoulders and correlation of rotator cuff pathologies and clinical examination”
- “Colour Doppler Evaluation of Common Adult Hepatic tumors More Than 2 Cm with HPE and CECT Correlation”
- “Clinical Relevance of MR Urethrography in Obliterative Posterior Urethral Stricture”
- “Prediction of Adverse Perinatal Outcome in Growth Restricted Fetuses with Antenatal Doppler Study”
- Radiological evaluation of spinal dysraphism using CT and MRI
- “Evaluation of temporal bone in cholesteatoma patients by high resolution computed tomography”
- “Radiological evaluation of primary brain tumours using computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging”
- “Three dimensional colour doppler sonographic assessment of changes in volume and vascularity of fibroids – before and after uterine artery embolization”
- “In phase opposed phase imaging of bone marrow differentiating neoplastic lesions”
- “Role of dynamic MRI in replacing the isotope renogram in the functional evaluation of PUJ obstruction”
- Characterization of adrenal masses with contrast-enhanced CT – washout study
- A study on accuracy of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography
- “Evaluation of median nerve in carpal tunnel syndrome by high-frequency ultrasound & color doppler in comparison with nerve conduction studies”
- “Correlation of Agatston score in patients with obstructive and nonobstructive coronary artery disease following STEMI”
- “Doppler ultrasound assessment of tumor vascularity in locally advanced breast cancer at diagnosis and following primary systemic chemotherapy.”
- “Validation of two-dimensional perineal ultrasound and dynamic magnetic resonance imaging in pelvic floor dysfunction.”
- “Role of MR urethrography compared to conventional urethrography in the surgical management of obliterative urethral stricture.”
Search Diagnostic Imaging Research Topics
You can also search research-related resources on our custom search engine.
Free Resources for Preparing Radiology Thesis
- Radiology thesis topics- Benha University – Free to download thesis
- Radiology thesis topics – Faculty of Medical Science Delhi
- Radiology thesis topics – IPGMER
- Fetal Radiology thesis Protocols
- Radiology thesis and dissertation topics
- Go through the table of contents of Radiology journals
Proofreading Your Thesis:
Make sure you use Grammarly to correct your spelling, grammar, and plagiarism for your thesis. Grammarly has affordable paid subscriptions, windows/macOS apps, and FREE browser extensions. It is an excellent tool to avoid inadvertent spelling mistakes in your research projects. It has an extensive built-in vocabulary, but you should make an account and add your own medical glossary to it.
Guidelines for Writing a Radiology Thesis:
These are general guidelines and not about radiology specifically. You can share these with colleagues from other departments as well. Special thanks to Dr. Sanjay Yadav sir for these. This section is best seen on a desktop. Here are a couple of handy presentations to start writing a thesis:
Read the general guidelines for writing a thesis (the page will take some time to load- more than 70 pages!
A format for thesis protocol with a sample patient information sheet, sample patient consent form, sample application letter for thesis, and sample certificate.
Resources and References:
- Guidelines for thesis writing.
- Format for thesis protocol
- Thesis protocol writing guidelines DNB
- Informed consent form for Research studies from AIIMS
- Radiology Informed consent forms in local Indian languages.
- Sample Informed Consent form for Research in Hindi
- Guide to write a thesis by Dr. P R Sharma
- Guidelines for thesis writing by Dr. Pulin Gupta.
- Preparing MD/DNB thesis by A Indrayan
- Another good thesis reference protocol
Hopefully, this post will make the tedious task of writing a Radiology thesis a little bit easier for you. Best of luck with writing your thesis and your residency too!
More guides for residents :
- Guide for the MD/DMRD/DNB radiology exam!
- Guide for First-Year Radiology Residents
- FRCR Exam: THE Most Comprehensive Guide (2022)!
- Radiology Thesis – More than 400 Research Topics (2022)!
- Radiology Practical Exams Questions compilation for MD/DNB/DMRD !
- Radiology Exam Resources (Oral Recalls, Instruments, etc )!
- Tips and Tricks for DNB/MD Radiology Practical Exam
- FRCR 2B exam- Tips and Tricks !
- FRCR exam preparation – An alternative take!
- Why did I take up Radiology?
- Radiology Conferences – A comprehensive guide!
- ECR (European Congress Of Radiology)
- European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR) – The Complete Guide!
- Radiology NEET PG guide – How to select THE best college for post-graduation in Radiology (includes personal insights)!
- Interventional Radiology – All Your Questions Answered!
- What It Means To Be A Radiologist: A Guide For Medical Students!
- Radiology Mentors for Medical Students (Post NEET-PG)
- MD vs DNB Radiology: Which Path is Right for Your Career?
- DNB Radiology OSCE – Tips and Tricks
More radiology resources here: Radiology resources This page will be updated regularly. Kindly leave your feedback in the comments or send us a message here. Also, you can comment below regarding your department’s thesis topics.
Note: All topics have been compiled from available online resources. If anyone has an issue with any radiology thesis topics displayed here, you can message us here, and we can delete them. These are only sample guidelines. Thesis guidelines differ from institution to institution.
Image source: Thesis complete! (2018). Flickr. Retrieved 12 August 2018, from https://www.flickr.com/photos/cowlet/354911838 by Victoria Catterson