- Normal myelination.
- Hypoxic Ishemic Encephalopathy.
- Dysmelinating and demyelinating disorders.
- Approach to dysmyelinating disorders depending on
- Involvement of grey matter / white matter or both
- Central/ Peripheral involvement.
- Enhancement pattern
- Symmetrical involvement.
- Head size.
- Systemic involvement.
- Important disorders are covered with typical imaging findings.
- Check out the Atlas of normal myelination in neonates on our anatomy page.
- Go through this excellent Imaging flowchart from the AJR article titled here.
Click here to to read an excellent presentation on Normal Myelination by Fang Yu 1 M.D., Michael Wang 1 M.D., Kiran Sargar 2 M.D., Yutaka Sato 3 M.D., Achint K. Singh 1 M.D. 1: University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio.
- Normal MR Imaging Anatomy of Brain.
- AJR : Inborn Errors of Metabolism: Combining Clinical and Radiologic Clues to Solve the Mystery
- RSNA : Leukodystrophy in Children A Pictorial Review of MR Imaging Features.
- Barkovich Pediatric Neuroimaging