Skip to content
Subependymal heterotopia/Periventricular Nodular Heterotopia
- Arrest of normal neuronal migration along the radial glial cells.
- Subependymal nodules of grey matter line the lateral walls of the ventricles.
- Nodules follow grey matter signal intensity and do not enhance following contrast administration.
- Agenesis of corpus callosum.
- Cortical dysplasia
- Tuberous sclerosis: Subependymal nodules in TS are often calcified and other associated features are present.
References and further reading: